We had a great time at the holiday fest and enjoyed meeting everyone! We made $195 selling candles and another $230 in donations. The winner of our free give a way was Sue Sargent and she graciously donated her prize back to Doug’s Journey to Sight. We would like to thank everyone that volunteered their time to help us on Main Street. And a special thanks to Joanne Mortimer for donating us a spot. Also thanks to everyone who came to support Doug! It means a lot!
As our team managed the table at Holiday fest we had the opportunity to attend a ‘Holiday Helpers’ fundraiser. Holiday Helpers raises money for families in need during the holiday season. At this fundraiser we were generously donated the profits made by the Philly fanatic. We would like to thank Dan Flagg and his crew, the Holiday helpers, for helping us raise another $1300 towards Doug’s Journey to sight!
Our Own Candle Company: After adding up all the candles we sold 275 candles! Way to go Sellers! We made a whopping $1,584 in profit to Doug’s Journey to Sight! Thank you to everyone who helped us sell all these candles! The order has been placed and everyone will be receiving their orders no later than December 20th.
If you add all 3 of those totals we made a complete earning of $3309! It means so much to all of us at Doug’s Journey to Sight to know how many people support us. There are no words to say how thankful we are for the help we have been receiving!
WRITE IT ON YOUR CALENDAR!!!
Bowling for Doug; @Laurel Lanes Bowling Alley; January 14, 2012; 12pm-2pm
Tickets are on sale now!
$20- Admits 1 person; 2 hours of bowling; free shoe rental; soda and pizza.
$100- Admits up to 6 people; 2 hours of bowling; free shoe rental up to 6 pairs; 3 pitchers of soda and 1 pizza pie.
We will try to keep groups together but may not be able to in order to fill spaces for bowling. To ensure you stay together as a group think about getting a whole lane, up to 6 people per lane! The more Lanes we fill the more money that goes to Doug. Invite your Friends and family. Enjoy an afternoon of bowling and while you do Doug’s Journey makes $40% profit!
We will also be having a bake sale along with selling T-Shirts and support bracelets! Images of them are soon to come!
Thirty-One Gifts: We are now holding a 31 bag fundraiser until January 15, 2012. We are going to be selling Thermal tote bags $23-$26. There is a variety of different pattern swatches and free Personalization! They are great for the kid’s lunch boxes, or to pack snacks for a long car ride! Please contact us if you would like to purchase some!
All about Dougie!
So there hasn’t been much going on in the Dillon house but fundraising. Doug enjoyed himself on Main Street for holiday fest and loved all the attention. I think his favorite part was the Christmas Carolers who stopped and sang us a beautiful song! He also had a blast at the holiday helper’s fundraiser and danced himself to sleep! He was very interested in the colorful lights shining around from the dance floors lighting.
He has such a goofy personality and shows it off more and more! Lately he has been using his please and thank you hand signs so well during meal time. We have also been having lots of play dates with his friend Caleb, and they enjoy chewing on blocks together! Even though they are a little young to really sit down and play together its fun to see them interact. Caleb quickly realized Doug needed a tap to receive toys from him and they pass things back and forth all the time! They also pet each other on occasion, it is too funny! Time really needs to slow down! He is growing way to fast!
If you would like to help Doug’s Journey to Sight look at the following list of things we will need help with for upcoming events! You can e-mail us at DougsJourney2012@yahoo.com and let us know how you would like to help!
• Bakers: If you would like to donate a baked good for our bake sale on January 14th please contact us right away! We will need all baked goods by January 13th the latest.
• Sellers for our 31 fundraiser! If you think you can help us please do! The more we sell the more profit we make!
• Want to help sell tickets for our bowling fundraiser?
• We are looking for sponsors for Shirts and Flyers. If you want to help Doug and also get your business name around let us know and we can work something out!
- Doug was born on September 1, 2010. At 2 months old he was diagnosed with Optic Nerve Hypoplasia(ONH). ONH is when you have an under developed optic nerve causing vision impairment. In Doug’s case, his optic nerves are about 75% smaller than average size. We were told there was nothing we can do to improve his vision, but we refused to believe that was it. After hearing about stem cell treatments being done in China, that include multiple injections & various therapies, we began fundraising. We were able to raise enough money and went to China end of July, 2012. Since then we have noticed multiple changes in Dougie's vision. He is responding to things double to triple the length he was prior, and also reacting to different colors that he had never responded to prior to going. We are ready to go back and have began fundraising for more treatments because we feel they will only improve his vision more. These treatments are not cheap and insurance does not cover any of it. Starting at $24,000 plus travel and expenses, we need around $40,000 total. We did it once; we know we can do it again! Please help us create this MIRACLE and help give our son the gift of sight.